zest: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (zest), [key]
- keen relish; hearty enjoyment; gusto.
- an agreeable or piquant flavor imparted to something.
- anything added to impart flavor, enhance one's appreciation, etc.
- piquancy; interest; charm.
- liveliness or energy; animating spirit.
- the peel, esp. the thin outer peel, of a citrus fruit used for flavoring: lemon zest.
- to give zest, relish, or piquancy to.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.