Meaning of York
Pronunciation: (yôrk), [key]
- a member of the royal house of England that ruled from 1461 to 1485.
- (Edmund of Langley), 1341–1402, progenitor of the house of York (son of Edward III).
- (Sergeant), 1887–1964, U.S. soldier.
- Yorkshire (def. 1).
- Ancient,a city in North Yorkshire, in NE England, on the Ouse: the capital of Roman Britain; cathedral. 102,700.
- a city in SE Pennsylvania: meeting of the Continental Congress 1777–78. 44,619.
- an estuary in E Virginia, flowing SE into Chesapeake Bay. 40 mi. (64 km) long.
- a cape at the NE extremity of Australia.
- york (Thesaurus)