yet: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (yet), [key]
- at the present time; now: Don't go yet. Are they here yet?
- up to a particular time; thus far: They had not yet come.
- in the time still remaining; before all is done: There is yet time.
- from the preceding time; as previously; still: He came here on a vacation 20 years ago, and he is here yet.
- in addition; again: The mail brought yet another reply.
- moreover: I've never read it nor yet intend to.
- even; still (used to emphasize a comparative): a yet milder tone; yet greater power.
- though the case be such; nevertheless: strange and yet very true.
- See (def. 27).
- though; still; nevertheless: It is good, yet it could be improved.
- yet (Thesaurus)