Meaning of worry
Pronunciation: (wûr'ē, wur'ē), [key]
— v., n., pl. -ried, -ry•ing, -ries.
- to torment oneself with or suffer from disturbing thoughts; fret.
- to move with effort: an old car worrying uphill.
- to torment with cares, anxieties, etc.; trouble; plague.
- to seize, esp. by the throat, with the teeth and shake or mangle, as one animal does another.
- to harass by repeated biting, snapping, etc.
- to progress or succeed by constant effort, despite difficulty: to worry through an intolerable situation.
- a worried condition or feeling; uneasiness or anxiety.
- a cause of uneasiness or anxiety; trouble.
- act of worrying.
- the action of the hounds in tearing to pieces the carcass of a fox.
- worry (Thesaurus)