worker: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (wûr'kur), [key]
- a person or thing that works.
- a laborer or employee: steel workers.
- a person engaged in a particular field, activity, or cause: a worker in psychological research; a worker for the Republican party.
- a member of a caste of sexually underdeveloped, nonreproductive bees, specialized to collect food and maintain the hive. See illus. underbee.
- a similar member of a specialized caste of ants, termites, or wasps.
- one of a set of electrotyped plates used to print from (contrasted with molder).
- any of several rollers covered with card clothing that work in combination with the stripper rollers and the cylinder in the carding of fibers.
- worker (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.