Meaning of without
Pronunciation: (wi-out', with-), [key]
- with the absence, omission, or avoidance of; not with; with no or none of; lacking: without help; without shoes; without her helping me; without him to help.
- free from; excluding: a world without hunger.
- not accompanied by: Don't go without me.
- at, on, or to the outside of; outside of: both within and without the house or the city.
- beyond the compass, limits, range, or scope of (now used chiefly in opposition to within): whether within or without the law.
- in or into an exterior or outer place; outside.
- outside a house, building, etc.: The carriage awaits without.
- lacking something implied or understood: We must take this or go without.
- as regards the outside; externally.
- the outside of a place, region, area, room, etc.