Meaning of Windsor
Pronunciation: (win'zur), [key]
- (since 1917) a member of the present British royal family. Cf.(def. 1).
- (Bessie Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson), 1896–1986, U.S. socialite: wife of Edward VIII of England, who abdicated the throne to marry her.
- Official name,a city in E Berkshire, in S England, on the Thames: the site of the residence of English sovereigns since William the Conqueror. 134,700.
- a city in S Ontario, in SE Canada, opposite Detroit, Michigan. 196,526.
- a town in N central Connecticut. 25,204.
- Windsor (Thesaurus)