Meaning of wholesale
Pronunciation: (hōl'sāl"), [key]
— n., adj., adv., v., -saled, -sal•ing.
- the sale of goods in quantity, as to retailers or jobbers, for resale (opposed to retail).
- of, pertaining to, or engaged in sale by wholesale.
- extensive; broadly indiscriminate: wholesale discharge of workers.
- in a wholesale way; on wholesale terms: I can get it for you wholesale.
- in large quantities; on a large scale, esp. without discrimination: Wild horses were slaughtered wholesale.
- to sell by wholesale.
- wholesale (Thesaurus)