Meaning of wed
Pronunciation: (wed), [key]
— v., wed•ded wed, wed•ding.
- to marry (another person) in a formal ceremony; take as one's husband or wife.
- to unite (a couple) in marriage or wedlock; marry.
- to bind by close or lasting ties; attach firmly: She wedded herself to the cause of the poor.
- to blend together or unite inseparably: a novel that weds style and content perfectly.
- to contract marriage; marry.
- to become united or to blend: a building that will wed with the landscape.
Pronunciation: (wēd), [key]
- contraction of we had, we should, or we would.
- wed (Thesaurus)