Meaning of water line
- the part of the outside of a ship's hull that is just at the water level.
- any of a series of lines on the hull plans of a vessel representing the level to which the vessel is immersed or the bottom of the keel. Cf.
- the line in which water at its surface borders upon a floating body.
- See(def. 2).
- Also calleda line indicating the former level or passage of water: A water line all around the cellar served as a reminder of the flood.
- a pipe, hose, tube, or other line for conveying water.
- waterline (Thesaurus)