Meaning of virtuoso
Pronunciation: (vûr"ch-ō'sō), [key]
— n., pl. adj. -sos, -si
- a person who has special knowledge or skill in a field.
- a person who excels in musical technique or execution.
- a person who has a cultivated appreciation of artistic excellence, as a connoisseur or collector of objects of art, antiques, etc.
- a person who has special interest or knowledge in the arts and sciences; scientist; scholar.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a virtuoso: a virtuoso performance.
- virtuoso (Thesaurus)