virtue: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (vûr'ch), [key]
- moral excellence; goodness; righteousness.
- conformity of one's life and conduct to moral and ethical principles; uprightness; rectitude.
- chastity; virginity: to lose one's virtue.
- a particular moral excellence. Cf.
- a good or admirable quality or property: the virtue of knowing one's weaknesses.
- effective force; power or potency: a charm with the virtue of removing warts.
- an order of angels. Cf.(def. 1).
- manly excellence; valor.
- by reason of; because of: to act by virtue of one's legitimate authority.
- to make the best of a difficult or unsatisfactory situation.
- virtue (Thesaurus)