viper: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (vī'pur), [key]
- any of several venomous Old World snakes of the genus Vipera, esp. V. berus, a small snake common in northern Eurasia.
- any related snakes belonging to the family Viperidae, characterized by erectile, venom-conducting fangs.
- any of various venomous or supposedly venomous snakes.
- a malignant or spiteful person.
- a false or treacherous person.
- (cap.)a 9-pound (4 kg), shoulder-launched, unguided U.S. Army antitank rocket with an effective range of 273 yds. (250 m).
- to befriend a person who proves to be treacherous.
- viper (Thesaurus)