Meaning of vengeance
Pronunciation: (ven'juns), [key]
- infliction of injury, harm, humiliation, or the like, on a person by another who has been harmed by that person; violent revenge: But have you the right to vengeance?
- an act or opportunity of inflicting such trouble: to take one's vengeance.
- the desire for revenge: a man full of vengeance.
- hurt; injury.
- curse; imprecation.
- He attacked the job with a vengeance.
- with force or violence.
- greatly; extremely.
- to an unreasonable, excessive, or surprising degree:He attacked the job with a vengeance.
- vengeance (Thesaurus)