venerable: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ven'ur-u-bul), [key]
- commanding respect because of great age or impressive dignity; worthy of veneration or reverence, as because of high office or noble character: a venerable member of Congress.
- a title for someone proclaimed by the Roman Catholic Church to have attained the first degree of sanctity or of an Anglican archdeacon.
- (of places, buildings, etc.) hallowed by religious, historic, or other lofty associations: the venerable halls of the abbey.
- impressive or interesting because of age, antique appearance, etc.: a venerable oak tree.
- extremely old or obsolete; ancient: a venerable automobile.
- a venerable person.
- venerable (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.