valid: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (val'id), [key]
- sound; just; well-founded: a valid reason.
- producing the desired result; effective: a valid antidote for gloom.
- having force, weight, or cogency; authoritative.
- legally sound, effective, or binding; having legal force: a valid contract.
- (of an argument) so constructed that if the premises are jointly asserted, the conclusion cannot be denied without contradiction.
- robust; well; healthy.
- valid (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.