vague: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (vāg), [key]
— va•guer, va•guest.
- not clearly or explicitly stated or expressed: vague promises.
- indefinite or indistinct in nature or character, as ideas or feelings: a vague premonition of disaster.
- not clear or distinct to the sight or any other sense; perceptible or recognizable only in an indefinite way: vague shapes in the dark; vague murmurs behind a door.
- not definitely established, determined, confirmed, or known; uncertain: a vague rumor; The date of his birth is vague.
- (of persons) not clear or definite in thought, understanding, or expression: vague about his motives; a vague person.
- (of the eyes, expression, etc.) showing lack of clear perception or understanding: a vague stare.
- vague (Thesaurus)