vagrant: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (vā'grunt), [key]
- a person who wanders about idly and has no permanent home or employment; vagabond; tramp.
- an idle person without visible means of support, as a tramp or beggar.
- a person who wanders from place to place; wanderer; rover.
- wandering idly without a permanent home or employment; living in vagabondage: vagrant beggars.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a vagrant: the vagrant life.
- wandering or roaming from place to place; nomadic.
- (of plants) straggling in growth.
- not fixed or settled, esp. in course; moving hither and thither: a vagrant leaf blown by the wind.
- vagrant (Thesaurus)