Meaning of vaccine
Pronunciation: (vak-sēn' or, esp. Brit., vak'sēn, -sin), [key]
- any preparation used as a preventive inoculation to confer immunity against a specific disease, usually employing an innocuous form of the disease agent, as killed or weakened bacteria or viruses, to stimulate antibody production.
- the virus of cowpox, used in vaccination, obtained from pox vesicles of a cow or person.
- a software program that helps to protect against computer viruses, as by detecting them and warning the user.
- of or pertaining to vaccination.
- of or pertaining to vaccinia.
- of, pertaining to, or derived from cows.
- vaccine (Thesaurus)