Meaning of update
Pronunciation: (v.up-dāt', up'dāt"n.up'dāt"), [key]
— v., n. -dat•ed, -dat•ing,
- to bring (a book, figures, or the like) up to date, as by adding new information or making corrections: to update a science textbook.
- to incorporate new or more accurate information in (a database, program, procedure, etc.).
- to bring (a person, organization, etc.) up to date on a particular subject: The magazine article will update you on the international situation.
- an act or instance of updating: to make an update in a financial ledger.
- information or data used in updating.
- an updated version, model, or the like.
- update (Thesaurus)