unite: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (y-nīt'), [key]
— v., u•nit•ed, u•nit•ing.
- to join, combine, or incorporate so as to form a single whole or unit.
- to cause to adhere: to unite two pieces of wood with glue.
- to cause to be in a state of mutual sympathy, or to have a common opinion or attitude.
- to have or exhibit in union or combination: a person who unites generosity and forgiveness.
- to join in marriage.
- to become joined together or combined so as to form a single whole.
- to act in concert or agreement.
- to share a common opinion, attitude, etc.
- to be joined by or as if by adhesion.
Pronunciation: (y'nīt, y-nīt'), [key]
- a former gold coin of England, equal to 20 shillings, issued under James I and Charles I.
- unite (Thesaurus)