Meaning of unique
Pronunciation: (y-nēk'), [key]
- existing as the only one or as the sole example; single; solitary in type or characteristics: a unique copy of an ancient manuscript.
- having no like or equal; unparalleled; incomparable: Bach was unique in his handling of counterpoint.
- limited in occurrence to a given class, situation, or area: a species unique to Australia.
- limited to a single outcome or result; without alternative possibilities: Certain types of problems have unique solutions.
- not typical; unusual: She has a very unique smile.
- the embodiment of unique characteristics; the only specimen of a given kind: The unique is also the improbable.
- unique (Thesaurus)