undress: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (un-dres'), [key]
— v., n., adj. -dressed -drest, -dress•ing,
- to take the clothes off (a person); disrobe.
- to remove the dressing from (a wound, sore, etc.).
- to strip or divest of or as if of a covering; expose: to undress a pretense.
- to take off one's clothes.
- dress of a style designed to be worn on other than highly formal or ceremonial occasions; informal dress, as opposed to full dress.
- dress of a style not designed to be worn in public; dishabille; negligee: She couldn't receive guests in such a state of undress.
- the condition of being unclothed; nakedness.
- of or pertaining to clothing of a style less formal than full dress: undress uniform.
- characterized by informality of dress, manners, or the like: an undress dinner party.
- undress (Thesaurus)