unbend: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (un-bend'), [key]
— v., -bent -bend•ed, -bend•ing.
- to straighten from a bent form or position.
- to release from the strain of formality, intense effort, etc.; relax: to unbend one's mind.
- to release from tension, as a bow.
- to loose or untie, as a sail or rope.
- to unfasten from spars or stays, as sails.
- to relax the strictness of formality or ceremony; act in an easy, genial manner: Imagine him unbending!
- to become unbent; straighten.
- unbend (Thesaurus)