tribute: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (trib'yt), [key]
- a gift, testimonial, compliment, or the like, given as due or in acknowledgment of gratitude or esteem.
- a stated sum or other valuable consideration paid by one sovereign or state to another in acknowledgment of subjugation or as the price of peace, security, protection, or the like.
- a rent, tax, or the like, as that paid by a subject to a sovereign.
- any exacted or enforced payment or contribution.
- obligation or liability to make such payment.
- tribute (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.