trend: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (trend), [key]
- the general course or prevailing tendency; drift: trends in the teaching of foreign languages; the trend of events.
- style; vogue: the new trend in women's apparel.
- the general direction followed by a road, river, coastline, or the like.
- to have a general tendency, as events, conditions, etc.
- to tend to take a particular direction; extend in some direction indicated.
- to veer or turn off in a specified direction, as a river, mountain range, etc.: The river trends toward the southeast.
- trend (Thesaurus)