Meaning of tremble
Pronunciation: (trem'bul), [key]
— v., n. -bled, -bling,
- to shake involuntarily with quick, short movements, as from fear, excitement, weakness, or cold; quake; quiver.
- to be troubled with fear or apprehension.
- (of things) to be affected with vibratory motion.
- to be tremulous, as light or sound: His voice trembled.
- the act of trembling.
- a state or fit of trembling.
- Pathol.See milk sickness.
- Vet. Pathol.a toxic condition of cattle and sheep caused by the eating of white snakeroot and characterized by muscular tremors.
- tremble (Thesaurus)