Meaning of treble
Pronunciation: (treb'ul), [key]
— adj., n., v., -bled, -bling.
- threefold; triple.
- of or pertaining to the highest part in harmonized music; soprano.
- of the highest pitch or range, as a voice part, voice, singer, or instrument.
- high in pitch; shrill.
- the treble or soprano part.
- a treble voice, singer, or instrument.
- a high or shrill voice or sound.
- the highest-pitched peal of a bell.
- to make or become three times as much or as many; triple.
- treble (Thesaurus)