travesty: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (trav'u-stē), [key]
— n., pl. v., -ties, -tied, -ty•ing.
- a literary or artistic burlesque of a serious work or subject, characterized by grotesque or ludicrous incongruity of style, treatment, or subject matter.
- a literary or artistic composition so inferior in quality as to be merely a grotesque imitation of its model.
- any grotesque or debased likeness or imitation: a travesty of justice.
- to make a travesty on; turn (a serious work or subject) to ridicule by burlesquing.
- to imitate grotesquely or absurdly.
- travesty (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.