trash: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (trash), [key]
- anything worthless, useless, or discarded; rubbish.
- foolish or pointless ideas, talk, or writing; nonsense.
- a worthless or disreputable person.
- such persons collectively.
- literary or artistic material of poor or inferior quality.
- broken or torn bits, as twigs, splinters, rags, or the like.
- something that is broken or lopped off from anything in preparing it for use.
- the refuse of sugar cane after the juice has been expressed.
- an icon of a trash can that is used to delete files dragged onto it.
- to destroy, damage, or vandalize, as in anger or protest: The slovenly renters had trashed the house.
- to condemn, dismiss, or criticize as worthless: The article trashed several recent best-sellers.
- to remove the outer leaves of (a growing sugar cane plant).
- to free from superfluous twigs or branches.
- trash (Thesaurus)