transcribe: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (tran-skr?b'), [key]
? -scribed, -scrib•ing.
- to make a written copy, esp. a typewritten copy, of (dictated material, notes taken during a lecture, or other spoken material).
- to make an exact copy of (a document, text, etc.).
- to write out in another language or alphabet; translate or transliterate: to transcribe Chinese into English characters.
- to represent (speech sounds) in written phonetic or phonemic symbols.
- to make a recording of (a program, announcement, etc.) for broadcasting.
- to arrange (a composition) for a medium other than that for which it was originally written.
- to effect genetic transcription of (a DNA molecule template).
- transcribe (Thesaurus)