tragic: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (traj'ik), [key]
- characteristic or suggestive of tragedy: tragic solemnity.
- extremely mournful, melancholy, or pathetic: a tragic plight.
- dreadful, calamitous, disastrous, or fatal: a tragic event.
- of, pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of tragedy: the tragic drama.
- acting in or writing tragedy: a tragic actor; a tragic poet.
- the element or quality of tragedy in literature, art, drama, etc.: lives that had never known anything but the tragic.
- tragic (Thesaurus)