Meaning of tractor
Pronunciation: (trak'tur), [key]
- a powerful motor-driven vehicle with large, heavy treads, used for pulling farm machinery, other vehicles, etc.
- Also called truck tractor. a short truck with a driver's cab but no body, designed for hauling a trailer or semitrailer.
- something used for drawing or pulling.
- a propeller mounted at the front of an airplane, thus exerting a pull.
- Also called trac&prim;tor air&sec;plane. an airplane with a propeller so mounted.
- tractor (Thesaurus)