Meaning of titular
Pronunciation: (tich'u-lur, tit'yu-), [key]
- existing or being such in title only; nominal; having the title but none of the associated duties, powers, etc.: the titular head of the company.
- from whom or which a title or name is taken: His titular Saint is Michael.
- of, pertaining to, or of the nature of a title.
- having a title, esp. of rank.
- designating any of the Roman Catholic churches in Rome whose nominal incumbents are cardinals.
- a person who bears a title.
- a person from whom or thing from which a title or name is taken.
- a person entitled to a benefice but not required to perform its duties.
- titular (Thesaurus)