Meaning of tippet
Pronunciation: (tip'it), [key]
- a scarf, usually of fur or wool, for covering the neck, or the neck and shoulders, and usually having ends hanging down in front. Cf. (def. 2).
- a band of silk or the like worn around the neck with the ends pendent in front. Cf. (def. 1).
- a long, narrow, pendent part of a hood, sleeve, etc.
- a short length of gut, nylon, or the like, for tying an artificial fly to the leader.
- a branch of the shaft of a bird feather, serving as the tail of an artificial fly.
- tippet (Thesaurus)