tint: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (tint), [key]
- a color or a variety of a color; hue.
- a color diluted with white; a color of less than maximum purity, chromo, or saturation.
- a delicate or pale color.
- any of various commercial dyes for the hair.
- a uniform shading, as that produced by a series of fine parallel lines.
- Also calleda faintly or lightly colored background upon which an illustration or the like is to be printed.
- to apply a tint or tints to; color slightly or delicately; tinge.
- tint (Thesaurus)