Meaning of tiger
Pronunciation: (tī'gur), [key]
— pl. -gers, -ger.
- a large, carnivorous, tawny-colored and black-striped feline, Panthera tigris, of Asia, ranging in several races from India and the Malay Peninsula to Siberia: the entire species is endangered, with some races thought to be extinct.
- the cougar, jaguar, thylacine, or other animal resembling the tiger.
- a person resembling a tiger in fierceness, courage, etc.
- an additional cheer (often the word tiger) at the end of a round of cheering.
- any of several strong, voracious fishes, as a sand shark.
- any of numerous animals with stripes similar to a tiger's.
- tiger (Thesaurus)