Meaning of thrill
Pronunciation: (thril), [key]
- to affect with a sudden wave of keen emotion or excitement, as to produce a tremor or tingling sensation through the body.
- to utter or send forth tremulously, as a melody.
- to affect one with a wave of emotion or excitement.
- to be stirred by a tremor or tingling sensation of emotion or excitement: He thrilled at the thought of home.
- to cause a prickling or tingling sensation; throb.
- to move tremulously; vibrate; quiver.
- a sudden wave of keen emotion or excitement, sometimes manifested as a tremor or tingling sensation passing through the body.
- something that produces or is capable of producing such a sensation: a story full of thrills.
- a thrilling experience: It was a thrill to see Paris again.
- a vibration or quivering.
- an abnormal tremor or vibration, as in the respiratory or vascular system.
- thrill (Thesaurus)