Meaning of thousand
Pronunciation: (thou'zund), [key]
— n., pl. adj. -sands, -sand,
- a cardinal number, 10 times 100.
- a symbol for this number, as 1000 or M.
- the numbers between 1000 and 999,999, as in referring to an amount of money: Property damage was in the thousands.
- a great number or amount.
- (in a mixed number) the position of the fourth digit to the left of the decimal point.
- (in a whole number) the position of the fourth digit from the right.
- amounting to 1000 in number.
- thousand (Thesaurus)