thirty: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (thûr'tē), [key]
— n., pl. adj. -ties,
- a cardinal number, 10 times 3.
- a symbol for this number, as 30 or XXX.
- a set of this many persons or things.
- the numbers, years, degrees, or the like, from 30 through 39, as in referring to numbered streets, indicating the years of a lifetime or of a century, or referring to degrees of temperature: He works in the East Thirties. She must be in her thirties. The temperature was in the thirties yesterday.
- amounting to 30 in number.
- thirty (Thesaurus)