theme: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (thēm), [key]
— n., adj., v., themed, them•ing.
- a subject of discourse, discussion, meditation, or composition; topic: The need for world peace was the theme of the meeting.
- a unifying or dominant idea, motif, etc., as in a work of art.
- a short, informal essay, esp. a school composition.
- a principal melodic subject in a musical composition.
- a short melodic subject from which variations are developed.
- the element common to all or most of the forms of an inflectional paradigm, often consisting of a root with certain formative elements or modifications. Cf. (def. 16).
- topic (def. 4).
- an administrative division of the Byzantine Empire.
- having a unifying theme: a theme restaurant decorated like a spaceship.
- to provide with a theme.
- theme (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.