ten: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ten), [key]
- a cardinal number, nine plus one.
- a symbol for this number, as 10 or X.
- a set of this many persons or things.
- a playing card with ten pips.
- a ten-dollar bill: She had two tens and a five in her purse.
- Also called
- (in a mixed number) the position of the second digit to the left of the decimal point.
- (in a whole number) the position of the second digit from the right.
- to rest from what one is doing, esp. for ten minutes.
- amounting to ten in number.
- the upper end of a rating scale, with 10 indicating the best or a perfect score: That new novel is wonderful?I'd rate it a 10.
- ten (Thesaurus)