Meaning of template
Pronunciation: (tem'plit), [key]
- a pattern, mold, or the like, usually consisting of a thin plate of wood or metal, serving as a gauge or guide in mechanical work.
- a horizontal piece, as of timber or stone, in a wall, to receive and distribute the pressure of a girder, beam, or the like.
- either of two wedges in each of the temporary blocks forming the support for the keel of a ship while building.
- any object having lines, slots, or straightedges to represent lines radiating from the center of a photograph, used for graphic triangulation.
- a strand of DNA or RNA that serves as a pattern for the synthesis of a complementary strand of nucleic acid or protein.
- a small sheet or strip of cardboard, plastic, or the like, that fits over a portion of the keyboard and provides ready reference to the keystroke commands of a particular software program.
- Also calleda marble base for a toilet.
- template (Thesaurus)