Meaning of technical
Pronunciation: (tek'ni-kul), [key]
- belonging or pertaining to an art, science, or the like: technical skill.
- peculiar to or characteristic of a particular art, science, profession, trade, etc.: technical details.
- using terminology or treating subject matter in a manner peculiar to a particular field, as a writer or a book: a technical report.
- skilled in or familiar in a practical way with a particular art, trade, etc., as a person.
- of, pertaining to, or showing technique.
- technically demanding or difficult: a technical violin sonata; a technical ski run.
- pertaining to or connected with the mechanical or industrial arts and the applied sciences: a technical school.
- so considered from a point of view in accordance with a stringent interpretation of the rules: a military engagement ending in a technical defeat.
- concerned with or dwelling on technicalities: You're getting too technical for me.
- noting a market in which prices are determined largely by supply and demand and other such internal factors rather than by general business, economic, or psychological factors that influence market activity: technical weakness or strength.
- technical (Thesaurus)