Meaning of team
Pronunciation: (tēm), [key]
- a number of persons forming one of the sides in a game or contest: a football team.
- a number of persons associated in some joint action: a team of advisers.
- two or more horses, oxen, or other animals harnessed together to draw a vehicle, plow, or the like.
- one or more draft animals together with the harness and vehicle drawn.
- a family of young animals, esp. ducks or pigs.
- offspring or progeny; race or lineage.
- to join together in a team.
- to convey or transport by means of a team; haul.
- to drive a team.
- to gather or join in a team, a band, or a cooperative effort (usually fol. by up, together, etc.).
- of, pertaining to, or performed by a team: a team sport; team effort.
- team (Thesaurus)