Meaning of talent
Pronunciation: (tal'unt), [key]
- a special natural ability or aptitude: a talent for drawing.
- a capacity for achievement or success; ability: young men of talent.
- a talented person: The cast includes many of the theater's major talents.
- a group of persons with special ability: an exhibition of watercolors by the local talent.
- professional actors collectively, esp. star performers.
- a power of mind or body considered as given to a person for use and improvement: so called from the parable in Matt. 25:14–30.
- any of various ancient units of weight, as a unit of Palestine and Syria equal to 3000 shekels, or a unit of Greece equal to 6000 drachmas.
- any of various ancient Hebrew or Attic monetary units equal in value to that of a talent weight of gold, silver, or other metal.
- inclination or disposition.
- talent (Thesaurus)