symphony: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sim'fu-nē), [key]
— pl. -nies.
- an elaborate instrumental composition in three or more movements, similar in form to a sonata but written for an orchestra and usually of far grander proportions and more varied elements.
- an instrumental passage occurring in a vocal composition, or between vocal movements in a composition.
- an instrumental piece, often in several movements, forming the overture to an opera or the like.
- a concert performed by a symphony orchestra.
- anything characterized by a harmonious combination of elements, esp. an effective combination of colors.
- harmony of sounds.
- agreement; concord.
- symphony (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.