symbolic: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sim-bol'ik), [key]
- serving as a symbol of something (often fol. by of&hasp;).
- of, pertaining to, or expressed by a symbol.
- characterized by or involving the use of symbols: a highly symbolic poem.
- (in semantics, esp. formerly) pertaining to a class of words that express only relations. Cf.(def. 7).
- expressed in characters, usually nonnumeric, that require translation before they can be used (opposed to absolute).
- symbolic (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.