swish: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (swish), [key]
- to move with or make a sibilant sound, as a slender rod cutting sharply through the air or as small waves washing on the shore.
- to rustle, as silk.
- to move or behave in an exaggeratedly effeminate manner.
- to flourish, whisk, etc., with a swishing movement or sound: to swish a cane.
- to bring, take, cut, etc., with such a movement or sound: to swish off the tops of plants with a cane.
- to flog or whip.
- a swishing movement or sound.
- a stock or rod for flogging or a stroke with this.
- . an effeminate male homosexual.
- swishy (def. 2).
- stylishly elegant; fashionable.
- swish (Thesaurus)