Meaning of swill
Pronunciation: (swil), [key]
- liquid or partly liquid food for animals, esp. kitchen refuse given to swine; hogwash.
- kitchen refuse in general; garbage.
- any liquid mess, waste, or refuse; slop.
- a deep draught of liquor.
- contemptibly worthless utterance or writing; drivel.
- to drink greedily or excessively.
- to drink (something) greedily or to excess; guzzle.
- to feed (animals) with swill: to swill hogs.
- to wash by rinsing or flooding with water.
- swill (Thesaurus)